This simple, adorable and delicious idea came to me in my sleep! I was thinking to myself– how can I enjoy my morning eggs, even more, by making it even healthier and more fun… and then voila! I woke up with this GENIUS IDEA of an egg tucked within an avocado! Okay, just kidding… I saw it on pinterest… haha but how adorable is this idea!! It takes the comfort food of eggs in a basket (usually tucked in a piece of toast) to a whole other (healthier) level! Enjoy these eggs in an (avocado) basket SFG’s– and think of us when you’re whipping up an adorable brunch with friends this upcoming weekend!
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO:
- cut an avocado in half, remove the pit, and then scoop out some of the avocado in the middle to make room for the egg (you want as much egg white as you can in there– that’s where your morning protein hides ;))
- sprinkle on a pinch of salt
- then crack an egg on top of the avocado so that it is tucked into the whole you created
- add extra salt, pepper, and pepper flakes
- place on a baking sheet and bake in a 425 degree oven for about 15 minutes (or until the white is solidified)
- sprinkle on some chives and red onion for extra flavor– and I love mango salsa and greek yogurt on the side– FINALLY, DIG IN!
How easy, decadent and satisfying is that!?
Share with us your favorite brunch recipes and pics SFG’s!? What will you make for breakfast this week/weekend? We want to know!