We were featured on Lauren Conrad again! And with football season in full effect, we thought it was the perfect time to share! This time we’re talking about comfort food that doesn’t weigh you down…
We struggle with finding healthy options that still taste like indulgences. So, when preparing food for our parties or any social gathering, we try to make dishes that have lots of flavor but with a lot less calories. One of our favorites is Skinny Spinach Tofu Dip. It’s packed with protein and doesn’t weigh you down after eating it. If you’re looking for the perfect football Sunday dip… this is it!
Skinny Spinach Tofu Dip
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt (we used Fage 0% fat)
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 packages of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 14-ounce package of soft tofu, drained (we used NaSoya Silken)
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 cans of artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup feta cheese (we used Trader Joe’s Fat Free Feta)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Place chopped garlic, tofu, and artichokes in a food processor. If you don’t have one, you can chop by hand. Then place these ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, saving the spinach for last. Mix together until well blended and then place in an oven safe serving dish.
- Bake for about 25 -30 minutes and serve piping hot!
We also have lots of healthy dipping options: carrots, peppers, cucumbers, and whole grain pita bread, oh my!
Are you going to try this healthy appetizer?