I feel like a walking, talking ZOMBIE… after two weeks of almost constant travel, returning to “normal” is not as easy as I thought it would be. I feel like falling asleep ALL the time– at my work desk, mid-way through yoga… basically at every moment of the day. And while I’m trying to catch up on sleep, I still have a lot to do this week before I can have a relaxing and restful weekend– and to keep myself moving… I keep on snacking! Food is my only fuel right now– so I better make it healthy… and while I usually turn to simple nuts and fruit to keep me going mid-day– my amazing friend Meredith introduced to a new way to snack– Chickpea Chips!!
Bold flavor? Low in fat? And high in protein and fiber? Count me in!
Chickpeas are a simple snack all in itself– but by toasting them in the oven, giving them a little crunch, and then adding some bold flavor to make the snack ultra-satisfying and delicious… it elevates the legume into a game-winning snack. The perfect alternative for when it’s 3 p.m. and you’re about to reach for that fattening bag of potato chips! Did I mention it was easy to do too?!…
HERE’s ALL YOU NEED:
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- your favorite spices: my friend suggested garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cayenne pepper (love the spice– plus remember, extra spice is great for your metabolism
HERE’S ALL YOU DO:
- rinse your chickpeas and then towel dry
- preheat oven to 450 degrees
- drizzle on the olive oil and season to taste (I sprinked on about 2 dashes of each spice)
- mix all together and make sure all are equally coated
- spread the chickpeas out on a baking sheet lined with foil
- bake for 30-40 minutes until they are perfectly brown and crunchy!
This is UNBELIEVABLY YUMMY! Now you’re ready to take on the rest of your work week! And thank goodness… now I am too. Thanks Meredith!
Enjoy SFG’s! And let us know… will you make this at home?!