Okay, so I lied a little when I named this post ” Easy Healthy Pancakes “… the pancakes are easy and healthy, but the chocolate sauce? That’s up for interpretation … I couldn’t help myself SFG’s! Chocolate and peanut butter go hand in hand, so once I was committed to a peanut butter topping, I knew some chocolate was in order! Have you guys heard of the simple and guilt-free pancake made of just 1 egg and 1 banana?! It’s pretty incredible! This recipe takes that up a notch by adding a scoop full of chocolate protein powder into the mix! Yum!
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- 1 scoop of peanut butter
- spoonful of crushed almonds
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips (less if you want! Just the same amount as the almond milk)
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
HERE’S WHAT YOU DO:
- Mash up the banana into the bowl
- add the scoop of chocolate protein powder
- mix in an egg
- mix together until combined
- scoop small batches of the mixture onto a hot sauce pan or griddle (I used an ice cream scoop)
- cook on each side and flip until brown and cooked through
- in another sauce pan…
- combine equal amounts of dark chocolate (no sugar added) and almond milk and mix until smooth
- place the pancakes on a plate, drizzle on the sauce, add a spoonful of peanut butter and add the almond toppings!
DIG IN AND ENJOY SFGs!!! Will you make this for brunch or dessert one day? Let us know!