We’re featured on Lauren Conrad again! This time about our love for Halloween and while we love the creativity the holiday inspires; we secretly fear how accessible candy bars, caramel corn and gummy worms become. Even a recent trip to the doctor’s office tested my resolve with a bowl of Tootsie Rolls. Don’t get us wrong, we love to indulge, but we don’t have the self-control to say no to sweets. This feels like an “us” issue, but we have a feeling we aren’t alone…
So we came up with a solution to satisfy our sweet tooth, but without all the guilt. We gave our favorite Halloween treats a healthy makeover! Actually using ingredients that you can pronounce makes such a difference in satisfying your cravings. We will be featuring them throughout the week!
Our first favorite Raw “Bone” Bars… you have to try these!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 dates
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 70% cacao dark chocolate
- First blend the following ingredients together, using a food processor: dates, 1 cup of almonds, vanilla extract and coconut oil.
- Once coarsely ground, mold the ingredients together into a rectangular bar shape and place in freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Melt a bar of 70% cacao dark chocolate in the microwave for 45 seconds, take out and stir. Repeat this process until the bar is completely melted.
- Add 1 tablespoon of almond milk to the melted chocolate to thin the mixture and mix until smooth.
- Drizzle the bars with the dark chocolate mixture and use the rest of the almond slices as garnish!
Enjoy… and remember, the SFG “trick” of Halloween is indulging in healthier “treats!”