Well, don’t these little roses look divine…ly tasty? Valentine’s Day calls for a little bit of flair when it comes to entertaining, if we do say so ourselves… Enter Rose Apple Crisps! These are the perfect little morsel to put out during a party, a Galentine’s get-together, or- if you’re anything like me- just to have around. They’re delicious and Instagram-ready, what’s not to love?
We’re sending you a little love of our own, darlings, in the form of this amazing apple crisp recipe. Want to make your girlfriends jealous of your #wifey skills? Let us tell you all of my secrets… because we can tell you, it’s a lot easier than it looks!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 red apples
- half a lemon
- 3 cup of water
- 1 puff pastry
- apricot preserve
WHAT YOU DO:
- core the apples and then slice them thinly into half moons
- add apple slices to a bowl of water with lemon and warm in the microwave for 3 minutes (this will keep the apple from yellowing, while also softening enough to bend into a rose shape)
- drain the apples
- in a bowl place 2 tablespoons of water with 3 tablespoons of apricot preserve and microwave for 1 minute and mix well
- take the thawed puff pastry and put plenty of flour on it!
- roll out until thin and then cut into 6 strips
- spread the preserve on each one and line one of the long edges with the apple moons (over lap each apple slice and make sure the skin of the apple is facing up (off the edge of the pastry)!)
- Add a dash of cinnamon along the pastry/apples
- then slowly roll the pastry up until it forms into a rose!
- place the finished rose gently into a sprayed cupcake pan mold and back for 375 for 40 minutes! ENJOY!
And, viola! You’re now the belle of this Valentine’s Day ball. And, if we do say so ourselves, we accept this rose… seriously, gimme!