I am one lucky girl… It’s a beautiful Monday afternoon and while the rest of America is busy at work, I’m sitting by the pool at my parent’s vacation house in Boca Raton, Florida. Could life get any more perfect?… I don’t think so!
This week I’m on a mini-vacation from life! This quiet time is just what I needed after an exhausting few months, and there’s nothing better than relaxing with the family, while enjoying local flavors and sun!
The one big difference between the California sun and the Florida heat is the thick humidity… thank goodness for air conditioning and sweet, cold treats by the pool!
For a long time I’ve been wanting to create my own fresh fruit popsicles to enjoy on hot days like this… And I decided to use this downtime to try it out! Creating your own sweet treats is so easy to do and can be a healthier alternative to artificial, and sugar-filled store bought popsicles.
The steps are easy:
1) Place your favorite fruit in a blender (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, bananas etc.)
2) Add Greek yogurt (plain or vanilla), water OR fruit juice (orange or apple)
3) If you want a sweeter kick to your popsicle, add 1 tablespoon of sugar or natural sweetner like Truvia
4) Blend together until smooth
5) Pour the blend into ice cube containers
6) Lean a toothpick or cake popper stick in each individual ice cube containers (toothpicks/cake popper sticks can be found at your local grocery store)
7) Place containers in freezer until frozen (about one hour)
… and that’s it! You’re done! How easy is that? Enjoy!