I love having options, but even with an overflowing closet I sometimes feel like I have nothing to wear! Ugh. I keep myself away from making random online purchases and force myself to wait for sales to shop. Gotta love a bargain! I find that anytime I go on a shopping spree I wear the new clothes to death the first couple weeks and then I’m back to square one of being over my closet. It’s like when the radio overplays your favorite song…wwhhhhyyyy??
So when I’m in a fashion funk, I love to play with what I got to make it feel new and fresh again! If you can make the most of the wardrobe you already have you will be more satisfied and feel more creative!
…DIY Feathered Brim Hat…
* a couple packages of feathers
* ribbon the length of the hat base
* fabric glue
* double sized tape or needle + thread (to secure the band around the hat)
1. Wrap your ribbon around the base of your hat.
2. Cut the ribbon with a remaining 2 inches.
3. Starting at the end (think the bottom not top) of your ribbon add a couple strips of fabric glue the width of the ribbon. Wait a little bit for it to get tacky.
4. Next, add a layer of feathers to the glue. The pretty tail feathers should be facing downwards.
5. Repeat steps 3 + 4, adding another layer of feather on top of the last row but slightly up the ribbon so you’re covering the base of the feathers and adding length.
6. Continue this until your ribbon is completely covered in feathers.
7. I then used some intense double sized tape to attach the ribbon around my hat. You can also do a small little securing stitch or glue the ends of the ribbon together (make sure it’s big enough to fit around your head still) and slip it over the hat pushing your new accessory down to the crown of your hat.
Need some more refashioning inspiration? (I apologize in advance for some of the OG posts that were shot with an iPhone)
Hat: Janessa Leone – Rita